top of page
Community Recognition Program Vision
Promote awareness and celebrate the benefits of community and regional trails, engage and educate elected officials, establish an ethic of and robust participation in public trail stewardship across the county, increase trail maintenance activities and local spending on trails, and ensure that local planning documents are aligned with region-wide priorities.
Community Recognition Program Members
For the first time, ForeverGreen Trails recognized
three Certified Trails Communities. Qualifications for certification included:
1. Celebrate and officially proclaim “Pierce County
2. Hold a local Trails Day event
3. Establish an “Adopt a Trail” Stewardship program
4. Adopt and maintain a local trails master plan
5. Allocate funding to trails annually.
Metro Parks Tacoma, the City of Lakewood, and the City of Puyallup were the first certified trails communities. We hope that they will retain their certification in 2019. We also plan to add additional certified communities each year.
bottom of page